Monday, September 13, 2010

Be True

I created the following layout for the scrapbook.com DIY (Do-it yourself) monthly challenge.  I included all three twists that Wendy included for the challenge, plus the optional twist of my very own tutorial.  OK...I went a bit overboard (like that's surprising) and I actually created 3 new flowers and 3 new tutorials that are all included in this LO.  As most of you know, I love making flowers, so I'm thinking of changing my name to flower junkie!  LOL 

I took my daughter, Shelby, and my son, Elias outside to take some pictures last weekend!  It was so cute how 3 yr old Elias wanted to pose just like his big sister!  I got some great shots of both of them!

The paper is Bo Bunny Petal Pushers.  I think Bo Bunny is very quickly becoming my favorite paper company!  I love their designs and their versatility!

The first tutorial in the DIY challenge was the masking tape tutorial by Lisa Valentine.  I did mine using blue paper and tumbled glass distress ink.  I didn't care for it nearly as much as the way Lisa did hers in the tutorial, but I wanted to try something different.  The 2nd tutorial twist was the Dried Satin Rose by Kenlin.  I used organza ribbon, so I wasn't able to make my rose very big, but it worked just the same.  The third tutorial twist was the Water Distressed Bloom by Gabrielle .  This flower is on the bottom left corner to the right of the large twisted flower.

Now, for my three flowers.  The first is the Twisted Tattered Floral.  It is the flower in the bottom left corner of the picture.  The 2nd is the Daisy Crinkle which is on both the bottom right and top left corners.  The third flower is the Retro Rose, which is on the top right corner. 

I made the pink and white bling myself and attached it with Aleene's Tack it over and over glue.  The white flourishes were cut on my BigKick and then stickled with frosted lace.  The title letters I believe are by making memories, I picked them up on clearance at Hobby Lobby a while back.  I named this "Be True" because Shelby is always true to herself, true to her convictions and her feelings!  She doesn't do what others want her to do just because they want her to do it, she is her own unique person and she is a lovely person!

No comments: