Sunday, October 24, 2010

Memorial page for my father-in-law - Remember Me

I finally finished my memorial page for my father-in-law.  We are going to frame this and then put it on the wall with the framed flag that was presented to Paul at the funeral.

For those who may not know, Dale was diagnosed with cancer in March of 2009.  The doctors didn't think it would be any problem to fight it and beat it, but in a little over a year, he was gone.  I've already done one page of him "Safely Home" that I gave to my mother-in-law that she has framed on her wall.

 I used the two pieces of background paper that I created myself and explained in an earlier post.  I used paper by Cloud9 Design for the mats behind the photo.  The flowers and bling are handmade by me.  The lighter blue ones were made out of the background paper, I cut out the middle of the bottom piece so that I could use it.  The leaves were a stamp from heartfelt creations, I stamped the largest leaf set with forest moss distress ink, colored them in with chalk, then cut them out and shaped them for dimension. 

The journaling block and name and date block were printed using my Silhouettte, then I cut the background mats for them on my Silhouette using Sizzix texture pad assorted metals.  The title letters are Sizzix alphabet die cut "Monde de Blonde". 

Poem: We wanted so much to keep you by Unknown
We wanted so much to keep you, we watched you day by day.
Until with breaking hearts, we saw you slip away.

God watched you as you suffered and knew you had your share.
He gently closed your weary eyes and took you in his care.

Your memory is our keepsake, with that we'll never part.
God has you in His keeping, we have you in our hearts.

Nothing can be more beautiful, than the memories we have of you
To us you were someone special, God must have thought so too.

The dark blue flower to the left is by Lisa Gregory Retro Camelot Flower
When I first did my clusters, I only had the bling and flowers and thought it looked soo boring!  This morning I started searching and found some goodies to stick in there.  The key and lock are brads.  I just recently bought some feathers and I love the effect they add.  I have some dew drops and Prima bling scatterred around.  I'm much happier with my clusters now!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

Cyndy said...

Very beautiful and a great memorial page! Sorry for your loss!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What a wonderful Tribute to your FIL! Love your background paper!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry stetz with the loss of your fil who obviously was aver special man in your life.
Really beautiful work and a such a heart felt tribute. I loved the poem, made me tear up and think of my late mom.

Natasha said...

This page is gorgeous!!! Love the distressing and flowers! The colors of the page are outstanding as well.

P.s. Thanks for the wonderful comments you left me. I appreciate it!

Anchorage Paving Contractors said...

Your the besst