Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October leftovers challenge

I love the October leftovers challenge that Pat hosts over at scrapbook.com!  Its great motivation to use up all the little left over pieces of paper, not to mention stretching my creativity to use those papers! 

The LO that I created this month is title "When I see you, I see Love".  Its of my daughter, Shelby.  The journaling reads: You are the definition of love.  You have such a giving nature and a kind heart.  You give of your time, your belongings and yourself.  You are fiercely loyal and kind to your friends, no matter how badly they treat you.  You will stand up for what is right, and you believe in what is Godly.  You love the unlovable and that is why I love you!

Here is what Shelby said about the LO. The title wasn't true, because I don't even like her.  Saying that the journaling was wrong b/c I tell her she is selfish and the world doesn't revolve around her.  She doesn't understand that while the rampaging teenage hormones and defiance sometimes make me want to choke her, that I still love her unconditionally and that I feel and think so many wonderful things about her!  I told her I would quit doing layouts of her because she is always very critical of me and the finished layout, and she says, do you think I care.  Do you think it will bother me if you don't do any layouts of me.  OMG...and she wonders why I want to choke her?  Lord...help me get through the next 6 years with my sanity!!!

Anyway...on to the layout.  This layout was made 100% of scraps of Basic Grey paper.  I gather all the scraps of several different paper packs and put them in a pile, then just started mixing and matching.
The heart was a piece that I had cut out for a different layout, but didn't end up using it.  I saved it of course and it worked perfectly for this layout.  I inked it with T.H. worn lipstick distress ink, the edges with black soot, then I covered it in diamond dust.  The 3 flowers on the heart are from a beautiful tutorial I came across yesterday as I was surfing the web.  It's the Prima style flower by Rachel.  She used the T.H. Tattered florals, but I just used the retro style flower punch.  The outer two flowers in the corner are the Swirly Sweetheart Daisy by Lisa Gregory.  The middle flower is a twist on the Low Profile flower by Natasha.  Instead of using the tattered florals die (b/c I was too lazy to cut the flowers), I used my daisy punch in extra large and med (1").  On the 2 back flowers, I cut off the tips jaggedly.  On the 3 flower (middle layer), I cut off about 1/4" in a jaggedy cut (because I like my flowers a tad bit fuller).  Then I made the flower just like Natasha does.  I added some puffy paint to the tips and puffed it up once dry like Lisa Gregory does on her Sweetheart Daisy.

The journaling I printed on Microsoft Word.  I made the frame for the journaling following another tutorial by Natasha, Distressed fold back frame tutorial.  I am thrilled that I came across her blog yesterday, she has some really amazing tutorials and techniques...and she shares them all!!!  All the flowers were made out of left-over scraps as well.  The bling was a left-over piece that I bought back before I started making my own, and I just cut it apart to use it in multiple places. 

The title letters are stickers from a used Basic Grey Porcelain alpha sticker sheet.  I cut 'Love' on my silhouette (on a scrap piece of BG cardstock). 

Well...I think that is all!  LOL  I used up 6 pieces of scrap paper on this, and 1 left-over bling...all of those count as twists in the challenge!

Here are some close-ups of the flowers and journaling frame.


 Here is the backside of my page using up the scraps.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Stephanie!

2 comments:

Jill Sarginson said...

You did a FABULOUS job using the scraps - you'd never even know! GREAT layout girl

Natasha said...

I didn't realize this page is made out of scraps!! WOW! You did an incredible job. I love the design and color combination. Fabulous work!