Saturday, November 20, 2010

Find joy every day

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we actually did this.  To cast away the worries and the cares of life and to find the joy and pleasure in every single day!  Maybe I should begin to challenge myself to do this...even on the worst of days, to find joy in something!

I loved this picture I captured of Elias during our photo shoot.  He was actually showing us the sand mud that was on the bottom of his shoe, but he looked so happy and he was happy to be on the sand playing near the water.

For the background, I used the Heidi Swapp stars mask and used brown paint from Walmart to make the big star and the 6 stars in the bottom corner.  The bamboo was cut on my silhouette and inked with coffee archival ink.  The leaves are matching stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations. I used the bold falling leaves and open falling leaves stamp sets along with the falling leaves die.  I found it easier to cut and then stamp, so I'll be doing a tutorial soon on how I did it.  I shaped some of the leaves to add definition to the page. 
On the bottom, I sprayed the textured spray paint (acid free) to make it look like sand, then glued down some seashells and starfish with glossy accents.


Thanks for looking and have a great day!

1 comment:

Kay F said...

When I first saw this layout I didn't notice the sand & sea shells! What a great touch! Also those red flowers with the black center look just like little poppies to me...they add just the right touch of color! Super page!