Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ribbon & Rose Tutorial

Supplies needed: repositionable adhesive, organza ribbon 1" - 1 1/2" width, small flowers or roses, heat gun, ink (optional).  

Step 1:  take a scrap piece of paper any length you want and lay down several strips of adhesive.  I used my ATG adhesive, it was permanent, but I was still able to remove my ribbon from it. 
 Step 2: Start gathering your ribbon on the adhesive bringing the sides up to be squished and crumpled.  When you have the starting length you want, add your rose/flower wrapping the wire around the ribbon to hold the first part of the ribbon in place.  If you don't have a rose with the wire, you can just take a piece of tape and wrap it around the ribbon to hold it, then attach your flower on top of the tape.
 Step 3:  Continue to gather your ribbon on the adhesive shaping it as you go and add a rose/flower about every inch.
 Step 4:  When you have the ribbon and roses to the length you want and all shaped to the adhesive, take your heat gun and heat the edges and the top of the ribbon LIGHTLY!  This will cause the ribbon to pull up and keep its shape once you remove it from the paper.
 Step 5:  Remove from the paper.  You can leave it as it is, or in the bottom picturee, I used Tim Holtz distress ink and lightly inked the edges of the ribbon.  Now, you can attach it to your layout or card or altered item and shape it however you want.  I used hot glue to attach it to my layout.

Pretty simple tutorial!  Thanks for looking and have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the one ribbon rose I have (and I'm working on the Thank You card, FYI)and am looking forward to using it soon.

I would not have imagined that a heat gun could have such a cool effect on the ribbon.