Monday, November 8, 2010

Serenity

Here is my first LO created from the photo shoot I did of the family a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, I had to scrap my favorite pic first!!  This is my daughter, Shelby.  After taking the photos, I had to go on a shopping trip (of course) to pick up supplies to use on all these LOs I'm going to be creating.  I got the starfish and seashells at Hobby Lobby and found the sand at Walmart.  I loved this texture paint though that I found at Hobby Lobby.  It was $8.99 for the can (but I used a 40% off coupon), but on the back it said acid free for scrapbooking!  Woohoo!!!  I love this stuff...just spray a light coat on and let it dry and you get this really cool texture that looks and feels like sand without the bulkiness of the actual sand. 

So, I inked the bottom half of the paper in walnut stain distress ink, then sprayed the paint on top of that.  The top of the paper I inked with chipped sapphire distress ink to make it look like sand and sky.  The blue water paper and the sand-like paper behind the photo was in a price pack I won from scrapbook.com.  When I got it, it was a kit for a Hawaii trip and I wondered what in the world would I ever do with it...b/c I knew Hawaii wasn't in my future!  Well...I'm glad I kept it, b/c it'll work great with these pics.

The waves were pink border strips that I inked in adirondack color wash in stream, then pop dotted the smaller top layer for dimension.  The leaves were cut on my silhouette.  I inked them with shabby shutters distress ink, the edges with fired brick and the tips with walnut stain.  I love the finished effect.  The flower is my new Glittered Peony.  I glued some sand to the bottom and added some starfish and seashells.  I'm going to put a coat of modge podge over it all to keep everything in place.  I'm not happy with the title letters, so I might re-do those.  I cut them with a sizzix die, but they just don't seem to sit well together...so I'll see what I can change them out with.



Thank you so much for stopping by and looking!  Hope you have a great Monday!!!

No comments: