Monday, January 10, 2011

Layout of Dakota & Some more bling for my Etsy shop.

WOW...my first layout of the new year!  It's been slow going for me...just haven't had much mojo.  I used Basic Grey Granola PP on this LO...it was the very first pack of Basic Grey paper I had ever gotten and these pics are perfect for it.  I wet distressed the edges of the PP.  I cut the tree with my silhouette and then painted and inked it with brown acrylic paint (from Walmart) and black distress ink to create the look of the tree. 


All the leaves were made with Heartfelt Creations Bold Falling Leaves Precut Set, Open Falling Leaves precut set, and the Falling Leaves Die.  I cut and stamp differently than the tutorial on the Heartfelt Creations website.  Maybe one of these days, I'll do a tutorial on it.  I cut all the leaves out first using the die.  Then, I place the stamp on my table and ink it, line up the image on top of the stamp by just laying it on it, then I take a clear stamp block and press down on the paper on top of the stamp for my image.  I find this easier than trying to line up the stamped image with the die.  After I cut and stamped, I just crumbled them for a more realistic look.

The flowers were made with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die.  I used 2 of the spindly ones, 2 of the med 6 petal and 2 of the smallest 5 petal.  Before making the flowers, I inked each layer with multiple colors of distress ink in tea dye, peeled paint, and forest moss to blend it with the picture colors.

I bought the butterflies from Lisa's (Featherrs) Etsy Shop.  I love how they matched the theme of the layout and the colors blended so perfectly!




Here are a couple of sheets of bling I just listed in my Etsy shop.  I've gotten so busy making flowers, I forgot how beautiful the bling was!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm going to be putting a flower tutorial up hopefully today, maybe tomorrow...so stick around for that!

Stephanie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I was wondering what your blingy's made from? Do you make them yourself or are they store bought? The way you put them together and arrange them is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Thank you Stephanie