Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tags & a Gift Box - thank goodness Christmas has me creating again!!!

I am pretty excited right now.  Usually, I'm a bah-humbug around the Christmas season...all the get-togethers and commercialization of the holidays totally bum me out!  But...this year...Christmas has me crafting again...and for that...I'm pretty excited!! 

I've made some tags and a gift box that I wanted to share.  I apologize for the blurry pics on the tags...that's what I get for trying to take them in a hurry...and it is too late to re-take them, since they are already packaged for a gift.

For the background, I inked with Fired Brick distress ink, then sprayed with Forever Red perfect pearls mist.  I then embossed with the Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Texture Fades - Alterations Collection - Embossing Folders - Snow Flurries and Snowman.  In the embossed snowflakes, I put ice stickles. 

I made the snowman from the Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Texture Fades - Alterations Collection - Embossing Folders - Snow Flurries and Snowman, just cut him out of the paper.  I colored his arms, hat, and nose, then put crackle accents on him.  I tied some ribbon around his neck.  Added the "wish" stickers to the bottom of him.

I stickled the swirls that are behind him also and added some snowflake stickers.  The ribbon at the bottom I got from JoAnn's, just scrunched it up and glued with hot glue.





I love snowmen...so this tag is a favorite of mine.  The background is inked with stormy sky and sprayed with perfect pearls forever blue mist.  The snowflake was a cut off of a Deja Views C-Thru 12 X 12 lace cut paper with glitter.  I embossed with white glitter embossing powder several times.  On the bottom, I used snow-tex that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  The "snowmen melt your heart", snowman, and shovel are all stickers. 











The background was inked with pine needles distress ink and sprayed with forever green perfect pearls.  I embossed the trees with Sizzix - Tim Holtz- Texture Fades - Alterations Collection - Embossing Folders - Branch Tree and Tall Pines.  Added white liquid applique to parts of the trees and heated when dry to puff it up.  Stamped the snowflakes and embossed them.  Added a stamped sentiment and some decorations on the bottom.  The bird is a stamp that I cut out and applied with pop dots.




On this one, the background was inked with Fired brick distress ink and sprayed with Forever red perfect pearls mist.  Added snow-tex to the bottom of the tag.  The nativity scene is an image from Thomas Kinkade that I printed out and adhered.  I cut the star on my silhouette, then used ice stickles on it.  Put the flower together with some home-made glittered vines.  The "Christmas Miracle" is a clear sticker.








Front View


I absolutely love how this gift box turned out.  I absolutely dreaded going into my craft room and working on it, because I just wasn't feeling the muse...but once I started, it took about an hour to complete and I love it.  I made the flower myself using Natasha's Curly Flower Tutorial.  This was my first time making this flower and I love how it turned out.  This would make a perfect bow for a present.  I put some paper underneath it folded up to give it some height on my box.

I covered the box with paper.  I love these boxes.  They are at Walmart in the Christmas section, and it's only $3 for a set of 5.  There are all kinds of shapes and sizes to choose from too.  Around the top of the box I put some snow-tex mostly to cover up the seam in the paper.


Left Side

I took some white ribbon, heated it up to get it to shape and shrink a bit, then hot glued it to the back of the box.  Took some red beads and draped them around the box.  Added the red, white, and green glittered sprigs and decorations that I have purchased from Walmart and Hobby Lobby. 

I've got a red bird glued next to the flower.  The green flower in the back is my own delicate rose flower, that I just realized I didn't have a tutorial on, so I will get one made. 

I glued a wooden Christmas tree on one side of the box, and a plastic candy piece on the other.  Added some white feathers to fill up the empty spaces.  





Right Side

Top View
Front View (again)

Thanks to all of you for checking out my blog and my creations!  Now, I'm going to fight blogger to put up a poinsettia flower tutorial! 

I hope you all have a wonderful day and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!

Stephanie

No comments: