Thursday, April 25, 2013

Flaire Blossom flower tutorial

 
Today, I'm going to share with you my tutorial for what my friends have helped me name as the "Flaire Blossom".
 
Supplies needed:
Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die - 2 large layers, 2 spindly layers, 2 medium layers
Mini rose & pearls
Glue, tweezers, stylus, skewers
Embossing pads


On each of the layers, flip upside down on your embossing pad.  Using a fine point stylus, "scratch" multiple lines on each petal. Then using your large tip stylus (I used the white one above), vigorously rub the petals to create the wrinkled look.  I do this on the thinner, firmer embossing pad as it seems to create better texture.


Take the two large layers and two spidly layers and roll back each petal.  Then place on your embossing pad and press in a circular fashion in the middle of the layer to pull up the petals.

Using your tweezers, take the two medium layers and "pinch and twist" each petal.  To do this, place your tweezers on the tip of the petal, then twist it.  Once twisted, pinch the twist with your fingers and pull out the tweezers. Then place these on your embossing pad and press in a circular fashion the middle of the layer to pull up the petals.
 Assemble your flower by gluing the layers together making sure to alternate the petals.

Place your mini rose in the center of the medium layers.  Then take small white pearls and glue around the mini rose. 

I used crystal stickles to lightly go around the edges of the petals on all layers.

 That's it...the Flaire Blossom.

As with all my tutorials, if you believe that I have copied you or someone you know with my design, please contact me.  If necessary, I will pull my tutorial.
 
 
Thanks for looking
Stephanie

No comments: